Since writing my first book on massage, The Art of Indian Head Massage, I have developed a number of holistic therapy courses and talks to share the benefits of massage with others. These holistic talks and courses are ideal for those new to complementary therapy and also established holistic practitioners. Numbers are limited to ensure maximum learning in a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
For the enthusiastic amateur, massage is simple and fun to learn. My courses are an introduction to holistic therapy and offer simple routines to practice on family and friends. Always popular – and they can be given as a gift too! My Indian Head Massage courses can also be offered on as one-to-one Indian Head Massage training.Ā
For the trained therapist, my courses are a valuable addition to personal and professional development. They offer the chance to meet with like-minded therapists and share skills and new ideas in a supportive environment. My courses are part of the Education Programme for the Federation of Holistic Therapists.
My holistic therapy courses can be individually tailored to suit the needs of small groups of beginners or qualified complementary health practitioners. I love my teaching and therapy work and I am always so delighted to receiveĀ recommendations from my students for Mary Atkinson Holistic Therapy Courses.
I am always happy to travel to deliver my courses and talks to conferences, local support groups and interested people. My holistic travels have taken me to York, Edinburgh, Worthing, London, Southampton, Bristol, Portsmouth and Hull .. and even Tokyo.. amongst other venues. Do contact me to discuss the options. If you are pressured for time then why not take a one to one course tailored to meet your specific individual requirements.
My courses include:
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage, a three day FHT accredited diploma for qualified therapists in another bodywork.
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage with special emphasis on techniques suitable for palliative care, a three day FHT accredited diploma taught at St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Chichester.
- Adapting Indian Head Massage for the Elderly and Frail, an FHT accredited CPD day course for Indian Head Massage therapists. (5 CPD points)
- Indian Head Massage Refresher, an FHT accredited CPD day course for Indian Head Massage therapists (5 CPD points)
- Introduction to Indian Head Massage, a CPD day course, open to everyone – beginners and therapists. (Fee for this course is refunded if you decide to take the Diploma in Indian Head Massage)
- Hand and Foot Massage, an FHT accredited CPD day course open to everyone. Ideal for beginners interested in learning a few basic techniques or therapists wishing to enhance their massage routines. (5 CPD points)
- Advanced Indian Head Massage Techniques, an FHT accredited CPD course for qualified Indian Head Massage therapists to further their skills.
- Positive Touch for Children, an FHT accredited short course open to everyone. Learn how to introduce nurturing touch into the family home. Suitable for therapists, parents and anyone interested in helping children cope in today’s stressful world.
- Adapting Indian Head Massage for the Elderly and Palliative Care – sharing my experiences of working in palliative care and local nursing homes.
- Learning Ayurvedic Massage in India – sharing the insights and photographs from my trip to India. You can read more from a blog post on this subject.
- Positive Touch for Children – exploring the benefits of touch for children through the Massage in Schools Programme and my book Healing Touch for Children.
- Advanced Indian Head Massage Techniques – a practical hands-on demonstration of advanced Indian Head Massage techniques including Marma Points.
- Reflective Practice Simplified – essential for continued learning from our holistic practice and important for gaining CPD points from case studies and reading.