A new one day FHT Accredited Course for holistic therapists and parents wishing to introduce the benefits of simple and nurturing touch for children in today‚Äôs stressful world. ¬†The course is suitable for therapists to help support their clients (adults and children) by offering simple and appropriate suggestions for ways in introducing the benefits of positive touch into the family home. It is also suitable for parents who would like to know more about using basic touch techniques with their children.
Course Date:¬†Saturday 20th July 2013 (1000-1630)
Venue:¬†Portlaoise, Eire (Golden Egg Holistic Training School)
Course Date: Friday 13th September 2013 (1000-1630)
Course Date: Saturday 15th March 2014 (1000-1700)
Venue:¬†Groesffordd Village Hall, Groesffordd, Nr.¬† Brecon, Powys, LD3 7SN
To book your place: please contact¬†Mary Atkinson
Thank you so much for another inspirational day – it was brilliant!¬†¬†Caroline Heron
Super course “Positive Touch for Children” yesterday. A lovely group and I loved the fact that it was so interactive too! I came away most inspired so thank you!!¬†¬†Melanie Garlick
Mary, it was such a fantastic day – really informative and extremely enjoyable. Thank you!¬† Tara Synnott
Thank you Mary for a wonderful day! Such joy and laughter and yet we all managed to come away having learned so much!¬†Rose Moore
Research has shown that children who enjoy regular positive touch are able to concentrate better, are calmer in stressful situations and gain self-confidence. This day course will cover the essential practical and theoretical knowledge necessary to introduce the benefits of positive touch to children in a safe, creative and caring way.
We will discuss and work with ‚Äėtried and tested‚Äô safe and appropriate techniques with an emphasis on story massage and creative use of massage moves. There will an opportunity to hear how story massage was used successfully with the Story Massage for Children of the Tsunami Project¬†and Positive Touch with Chernobyl Children’s Lifeline¬†as well as case studies of working with foster children and those with learning difficulties.
We will also spend some looking at simple massage, reflexology and acupressure techniques for common childhood situations including getting a child to sleep, easing headaches, and coping better with anxiety, stress and exam nerves. (These techniques which are featured in Healing Touch for Children are not a substitute for conventional medical advice and treatment).
There will be a balance of theory and practical hands-on work so come prepared to enjoy sharing and refreshing your skills. (The FHT accredits this course with 5 CPD points for therapists). You can read more about the background to this course on my blog post Positive Touch for Children.
Terms and Conditions
- Your place on the course will only be confirmed once the fee is paid
- Fees are refundable up to 7 days prior to the course date. However, an admin fee of ¬£10 will be charged. You may send a substitute delegate providing they meet the workshop criteria.
- Courses require a minimum of two students.¬† In the unlikely event of having to cancel the course due to low numbers or other unavoidable circumstances, we will notify you 7 days prior to the date, and advise you of an alternative date/venue or provide you with a full refund. ¬†We do not accept responsibility for expenses incurred under these circumstances.
- As classes are small, it may also be possible to arrange dates to suit you.
- The course can be delivered to suit a small group of therapists if you can organise the venue.
- Please¬†contact me¬†and so can discuss these options further.