This three day FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists) accredited post graduate diploma is open to all complementary, beauty and sports therapists qualified in a recognised therapy which includes modules in anatomy and physiology and business awareness. This Diploma is accredited by FHT for 20 CPD points.
The course is valued by students as the classes are small and the atmosphere is very friendly and supportive. The days are flavoured by many years of experience in practising and teaching Indian Head Massage in a variety of settings since my book The Art of Indian Head Massage was published. We also also explore some of the Indian massage techniques learnt whilst studying and travelling in India in February 2011.
Latest Course Dates: ¬†June 11th, 12th, 13th (Tues, Weds, Thurs) ¬†Or ¬†July 4th, 5th, 8th 2013 (Thurs, Fri, Mon)
Time: 0930 – 1630
Venue: Chichester, West Sussex
To book please contact me.
This course is also being run at:
St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Chichester on September 16th, 17th and 18th 2013 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday). Full details here: Diploma in Indian Head Massage at St Wilfrid’s Hospice.
Golden Egg Holistic, Portlaoise, Eire on July 17th, 18th, 19th 2013 (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday). Full details here: Diploma in Indian Head Massage at Golden Egg Holistic.
- As classes are small, it may also be possible to arrange dates to suit you.
- The course can be delivered to suit a small group of therapists if you can organise the venue.
- Please contact me and so can discuss these options further.
The course covers all the essential practical and theoretical knowledge necessary to offer a safe, effective and appropriate treatment to a wide range of clients. It is an invaluable addition to any therapies currently practised and an excellent treatment to take into the workplace.
The course teaches the European Approach to Indian Head Massage whilst offering learners an insight into the history and traditional techniques still practised in India today. Some new techniques have been added since I trained in Ayurveda in Goa in February 2011. You can read about my colourful experiences on this trip on my blog post¬†about my trip to India.
During my courses, great emphasis us placed on self-care of the therapist and offer a supportive and friendly learning environment making each day fun as well as productive.
Topics covered include:
- The history of Indian Head Massage,
- Benefits and Contra-indications
- Hygiene and Safety
- Indian Head Massage techniques
- Oils for Indian Head Massage
- Stress Management
- After-care advice
- Self-Care for Therapist
- Documentation including consultation forms and treatment records
Assessment is by written evidence of 10 treatments plus a practical demonstration of techniques and a written multiple choice paper.
Classes are kept to a maximum of four students to ensure friendly and informative learning which is ideal for the more mature student or for those lacking the confidence to learn in a large group. There is on-going support following the course.
Terms and Conditions
- Your place on the course will only be confirmed once your deposit is paid
- Full course fees are due 14 days before the start of the course.
- Fees are refundable up to 7 days prior to the course date. However, an admin fee of ¬£20 will be charged. You may send a substitute delegate providing they meet the course criteria.
- Courses require a minimum of two students.¬† In the unlikely event of having to cancel the course due to low numbers or other unavoidable circumstances, we will notify you 7 days prior to the date, and advise you of an alternative date/venue or provide you with a full refund.¬† We do not accept responsibility for expenses incurred under these circumstances.
Interested in Indian Head Massage training – but not sure?
If you attend my day course Introduction to Indian Head Massage then the fee is taken from the Diploma in Indian Head Massage. This offer means that you can experience a taster session before booking on the course.
‚ÄúThe course is inspiring‚Ä¶.we packed so much into three days.¬† I came away with confidence and enthusiasm. Highly recommended.‚ÄĚ
“It was just wonderful. All so relaxed yet we learnt so much. I am already booked into two more of Mary’s courses.”
‚ÄúMary Atkinson has a great knowledge of Indian Head Massage and provides 1st rate training courses. Mary imparts all her knowledge in the courses she runs and I felt she gave added enthusiasm to the subject. As part of the courses Mary gave us extra supporting material in addition to the training manuals which is a great extra and shows she had put a great deal of thought into preparation.‚ÄĚ
“What a wonderful three days. Mary¬†is brilliantly thorough, but makes it fun and very supportive in the process.” ¬†